Last Chance for Federal Tax Credit on Energy Star Windows and Doors
There’s still time – but you have to hurry!
Homeowners may claim a tax credit on their federal tax return for the purchase of Energy StarTM qualified windows and doors – provided they are installed prior to December 31, 2013.
To be eligible for the tax credit, windows and doors must:
- Meet Energy StarTM program requirements
- Be installed in a taxpayer’s primary residence
- Be installed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013
Homeowners may receive a tax credit equal to 10% of the product cost, not including installation costs, up to:
- $200 for eligible windows
- $500 for eligible doors
So you still have time, if you act quickly, to enjoy a more comfortable home, save on energy costs, improve the value of your home and have the U.S. government help pay for your investment.
So please contact us today for your free, in-home, no-pressure estimate from American Openings; or, you can call us at 520-664-1202.
But please, hurry; because time is running out!
The above information is not intended as legal or tax advice. We recommend that you visit www.irs.gov or consult a tax professional to address any specific questions.
For further information
- Energy StarTM Tax Credit Program
- Replacement Windows from American Openings
- Replacement Doors from American Openings
Image courtesy of digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net