Home Security: Daytime is Primetime for Home Burglaries
How AmeriSecure® home security windows can help protect your property and loved ones.
According to an article published by A Secure Life®, the FBI’s 2012 Crime Report on home security states:
- • 1 in 36 homes in the U.S. will be burglarized this year.
- • 65% of home burglaries occur between 6AM and 6PM; in other words: during daytime hours.
- • Of the top 10 cities for home burglaries, 6 are in the Southwest: Houston (#1), Phoenix (#4), Los Angeles (#5), Dallas (#6), San Antonio (#7), and Las Vegas (#8).
- • 34% of burglars enter through the front door.
- • 23% of burglars enter through first-floor windows.
- • The 1st area to be targeted by a burglar is the master bedroom.
- • The 2nd area to be targeted by a burglar is either the home office or any formal areas.
- • The most targeted items to be stolen are: cash, electronic equipment, gold, silver, jewelry and guns.
Most burglars who are interested in robbing your home, attack during daylight hours. Many families are away, however; if you are a retiree or stay-at-home parent, you may very well be home at the times a burglar is likely to strike.
AmeriSecure® windows by American Openings can help protect your home and your family without the use of unsightly and expensive security bars or screens. AmeriSecure® windows are designed to crack, but not break, seriously impeding an intruder from entering your home by breaking a window. Watch a video demonstration.
While security systems and alarms are an effective deterrent and can be an important part of your home security strategy, AmeriSecure® windows actually provide a physical obstacle to an intruder. If you are at home while a burglar is trying to break your AmeriSecure® windows, you will have time to release your dog, call 9-1-1 or take other protective measures.
AmeriSecure® windows will not only make your home safer, they will improve the appearance and value of your home, save energy costs and make you more comfortable. Please call American Openings at (520) 664-1202 for more information about AmeriSecure® windows or email us at email@example.com.
For more information:
Schenker, Michelle; Burglary Statistics: Will Your House be Broken Into this Year? ; October 13, 2013; www.asecurelife.com/burglary-statistics/