Does American Openings do Window Repairs? Part 2
Here at American Openings, we get calls all the time from people who are just looking to get their window repaired. “All I have is some cracked glass,” or “I just have a little fog between the panes,” they often tell us. “I certainly don’t need the entire window replaced!”
While a repair might seem like the best and least expensive course of action in the short term, it may not be the best plan for your family and your home in the long run.
If your windows are more than 15 years old, even if they are double-pane windows, and showing signs of failure, like cracking or fogging, you should seriously consider window replacement. Here are some reasons why:
- Your current windows are not Low-E windows. Even if you have double-pane windows, older windows do not have the energy saving components that today’s Energy StarTM windows possess. Modern windows are superior in the following ways:
- Tinted glass to minimize solar heat transfer into your home
- Argon gas filler to minimize convective heat transfer across the air gap.
- Specially-engineered window spacers to minimize conductive heat transfer through the frame
- You will save on energy costs. Energy savings is a great untapped resource that you can use to improve your home finances. You can also improve your home’s “carbon footprint” as much of Arizona’s electrical grid is based on coal.
- You and your family will be more comfortable. Last summer was one of the hottest ones in memory with more than 100 days over 100 degrees. Your home’s HVAC system was under a lot of strain to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. Modern Energy StarTM certified windows, along with insulation, weather-stripping, window coverings and external foliage can go a long way towards improving the comfort of your home during our extreme-weather summer months.
- You will improve the value of your home. Energy efficiency is become an increasingly critical factor in improving your home’s resell value. Savvy buyers are looking at the home’s energy systems before making an offer. Lenders and appraisers are become more aware of a home’s energy efficiency as well.
- The American Openings Warranty. Chances are that once your older windows start to show signs of failure, like cracking and fogging, you will likely be making those “minor” repairs more repeatedly and more often. When you replace your windows with Energy StarTM windows from American Openings, we will warranty the integrity and workmanship of your new windows for as long as you own your home. Those frequent repair calls for cracking and fogging should come to a happy ending.
So, rather than call a window-repair company, please contact American Openings for a free, in-home, no pressure consultation. Your family, your wallet, and the environment will all thank you for it … and so will we!
If you have further questions about window replacement or repair, please call us at (520) 664-1202 or contact us online.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net